Post Trip Entry/ Amherst Weekend

Hello Loyal Readers!

I write to you from the library in Williamstown. I very much wish I was still in Arizona playing baseball and soaking up sun. However normal school and responsibilities inevitably returned and now I must face the fact that I am a “student-athlete.” Our baseball trip ended on a sour note with 3 tough losses to NESCAC rival Middlebury. However it was a fantastic trip overall and the sting of the Midd losses only motivated the team to play harder. Since then the Ephs have gone 5-2 and now have an overall record of 17-7 and an in-conference record of 2-4.

This week the Ephs are scheduled to face off against Southern Vermont at home on Wed, travel to SUNYIT on Thursday, and most importantly, square off against the hated Amherst Lord Jeffs in a crucial three game set starting Friday. The Ephs control their own destiny and a sweep on their remaining NESCAC games would all but assure them a birth to the NESCAC tournament.

The team would feed off of a strong contingent of home-town fans so head on down to The Bobby Coombs Field to catch the 152nd addition of the Williams-Amherst baseball rivalry!

Go Get ‘Em!